Jakhrana Goat – Discovery of Goat Lifestyle

0
779

History:

The Jakhrana Goat owes its name to the region from which it originates which is in the Jakhrana area, where this race is found in the purest form. This goat is obtained in the eastern zone in semi-arid and arid regions.

This breed can be obtained in the state of Rajasthan and in the state of Haryana. Farmers produce this breed by being multi-purpose, producing meat, producing milk and for their skin.

Characteristics of Jakhrana Goat:

The Jakhrana Goat are a large breed although their body is narrow. The color of its coat is black with white spots on the ears and in the mouth which are short, and when viewed in profile this race has a curvature that goes from the head to the nose. The ears reach between 16 and 18 cm, which are wide and fall.

jakhrana goat, jakhrana goat raising, jakhrana goat size, jakhrana goat temperament, jakhrana goat breed, jakhrana goat behavior, jakhrana goat breed info, jakhrana goat eggs, jakhrana goat facts, about jakhrana goat, jakhrana goat for meat, jakhrana goat meat, jakhrana goat for eggs, jakhrana goat history, jakhrana goat hatchery, jakhrana goat info, jakhrana goat information, jakhrana goat images, jakhrana goat meat, jakhrana goat breeders, jakhrana goat origin, jakhrana goat egg color, jakhrana goat egg size, jakhrana goat egg weight, jakhrana goat personality, jakhrana goat pictures, jakhrana goat photos, jakhrana goat uses, jakhrana goat variety, jakhrana goat weight, jakhrana goat care, jakhrana goat color, jakhrana goat characteristics, jakhrana goat varieties, jakhrana goat picture,

The males weight varies between 55 to 58 kg. while the females of this species weigh about 37 kg.

The length that they reach to measure for the male is of 82 to 84 cm. And the females get to measure 74 cm.

Between 80% and 90% of the pregnancies of this species come multiple. What indicates that only leaves 10% can be individual deliveries. They are highly reproductive. And they come to reproduce from the 18 months of age.

They produce between 2 and 5 liters of milk per day. Although the fat content of milk produced by this breed is high. The fat content is 5% while the proteins have a percentage of 3.70% so this fat content is good. And the lactation period lasts between 6 and 7 months.

This breed closely resembles the Beetle breed, however, the difference between these breeds is that the Jakharana goat is longer than the other.

Both of male and female have horns, which are inclined backward with a curl.

Food:

The Jakhrana Goat are usually kept open spaces so they eat natural pastures, and sometimes eat in stables.

Usage:

The Jakhrana Goat is used for the production of their meat, and farmers are justified with a small percentage of the offspring they produce to reproduce meat.

They also use this species for the production of milk and for their skin as it is popular in the tanning industry.

Special Characteristics:

According to the cattle census carried out in 2007, the number of goats of this species amounted to an amount of 1.950.000.

Goat Profile:

Goat name Jakhrana Goat
Other Name Any
Goat Purpose Meat, milk and for its skin
Coat color Black, with white spots in some areas
Weight 37 to 58 Kg
Climate Tolerance All climates
Country of Origin India

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here